Do you have a piece of text that you want to remove the line breaks from? And how about the paragraph breaks too?
I used it so often for my data wrangling that I created this useful tool, and it’s free for you to use!
Line break removal tool
Input your text in the text field, select to remove line breaks or breaks and paragraph breaks and click the button. The cleaned text will appear in the field below.
Input your text:
What are Line Breaks?
Line breaks are a powerful tool in text, allowing writers to add strength and meaning to their work. Line breaks can bring ambiguity, surprise readers with new ideas, and control the flow of ideas.
What Do Line Breaks Do?
Line breaks can:
- Bring ambiguity
- Introduce new ideas
- Control the flow of ideas
- Add strength and meaning to your work
How to Get Rid of Line Breaks
Steps to Follow
- Move your cursor to the left of the first word in the line created with the line break.
- Click the left mouse button to place the text cursor in front of that first word.
- Press the Backspace key to remove the line break. The line of text created with the line break will move to the end of the line above it.
- Move your cursor to the right of the period at the end of the line of text above the line break.
- Click the left mouse button to place the text cursor after the period.
- Press the Delete key to remove the line break. The line of text created with the line break will move to the current line right after the text cursor.
You can also use some python code to clean the line breaks from a text for further processing or use a handy online tool like this one to rid your text from them.
- EOL (End of Line)
- Word processor terms
What is the Meaning of Line Break in English?
A line break is a punctuation mark used to indicate the end of a line of text and the beginning of a new line. It is also known as a “hard return” or “hard line break”.
Line breaks are used to:
- Separate paragraphs
- Create emphasis in a text
- Highlight a specific word or phrase
- Create visual interest in a text
Here are some examples of how line breaks are used in English:
- All line breaks and paragraphs will be generated automatically.
- It wasn’t the end of the paragraph, only a line break.
- I’ve read a few entries that are devoid of line breaks.
- Hill will never forget the class when the poems and the dynamic tension of line breaks clicked with the students.
Line Breaks Vs Paragraph Breaks
Paragraph breaks and line breaks are two different types of breaks used in digital marketing. A paragraph break is used to separate two distinct ideas, while a line break is used to separate two related ideas. Paragraph breaks are used to create a visual break in the text, while line breaks are used to create a more subtle break. Paragraph breaks are usually used to mark the end of a section, while line breaks are used to separate two related ideas within a section. Paragraph breaks are usually longer than line breaks, and they are used to create a more dramatic effect. Line breaks are usually shorter, and they are used to create a more subtle effect.
In conclusion, line breaks are a powerful tool for writers to create a unique rhythm and add emphasis to their work.
But if you want to get rid of them, use our free online tool and you’ll have a clean text in a matter of seconds.
Joost Nusselder is The Content Decoder, a content marketer, dad and loves trying out new tools en tactics. He's been working on a portfolio of niche sites since 2010. Now since 2016 he creates in-depth blog articles together with his team to help loyal readers earn from their own succesful sites.